.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

What Would People Think?

Thursday, May 19, 2005

The Musical Baton

Aaaaaaand it's time to get less serious.

The illustrious Jacob Grier has passed me a meme called The Musical Baton. By the sacred rules of blogging, it appears I am required to post my opinion about music. You can see how much this dismays me. (Hint: Yipee!)

Total volume of music files on my computer

About 4 GB. And I don't even download, unless you count that time Barzelay sent me that Shins album. And I wasn't the direct downloader there. But I do rip a lot of music off my CDs for mix-CD making purposes.

The last CD I bought

The Forgotten Arm by Aimee Mann. Mann is just the best at beautiful, sad singer-songwriter stuff. And now she's got a concept album telling the story of a drug-addicted boxer and his relationship with an equally depressing girlfriend. Aimee Mann characters seriously need a hug...and perhaps some Prozac. But her songs are just so pretty.

Song I'm playing right now

Well, I'm not playing any music right now, but the last song I listened to was "Plenty of Paper" from Eisley's Room Noises.

Five Songs I listen to a lot, or that mean a lot to me

"Chance" from DC Talk's Intermission: The Greatest Hits. ("Every day we live there's a chance to give / every time we speak, there's a chance for peace.")

"Smells Like Teen Spirit" from Nirvana's Nevermind. (Hey, why neglect the classics?)

"Never Fades Away" from SpencerAcuff's Chasing Windmills. (It's kind of arbitrary which song I picked off that album. I love that album.)

"Civil War" from Guns N' Roses's Use Your Illusion II. (Ok, actually I got it off their Greatest Hits album. I had to pick an anti-war song, and I might as well go epic. This one's really, really good.)

"Lead of Love" from Caedmon's Call's self-titled debut album. (This song has carried me through many a dark time.)

Five people to whom I'm passing the baton.

Like Jacob, I may have to cheat on this one. Certainly I'll pass it on to Jeff, who loves talking about music, even if he hates memes. I'll also send it to Meredith and Bradley and....I can't think of anyone else. Hopefully, for the sake of the meme, these people have more friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home