.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

What Would People Think?

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

A Bizarre Kind of Recognition

The Duke Law student newspaper, The Devil's Advocate, apparently did a survey last issue for various prizes for 3Ls. I didn't know about this. I hadn't read the last issue because (1) I've been really, really busy, (2) there wasn't anything by me in this issue, and (3) TDA is.....how shall I put this?.....not up to the journalistic standards of, say, The New York Times. Or the Washington Times. Or US Weekly. Or your high school newsletter. Or - dare I sink this low? - this blog.

As it turns out, I should have been paying attention. Even though TDA (par for the course) did not include the results of their survey online, it is available in the paper. Apparently I finished 3rd for "Most Liberal - The Al Franken Award." Actually, I only got 4% of the vote. The 2nd place winner, Ritu Pancholy, got 6%. My friend Ian Millhiser - who requires neither food nor air because he eats and breaths politics - won with 73% of the vote. That's actually about right.

Although I didn't rank in the "Nicest - Least Likely to Razor Blade Pages out of Library Books Award", I got honorable mention because I and one other guy - Chris Fulmer - were the closest any male came to getting in the top 3.

Also, in an article that actually did make it online, I am accused of being a gunner who raises his hand so many times his arm falls off. That, too, is about right. Although I'd like to note that I didn't even rank in the survey for "Biggest Gunner - The Rambo Award." No, the winner of that, with 55% of the vote, was my friend Ian Millhiser, who requires neither food nor...well, you get the idea.

2 Comments:

  • Hi! I nominated you for nicest! You can check!

    You really are one of the nicest people at Duke. Everyone says so.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/18/2006 9:22 PM  

  • Haha! Thanks Amy! Looks like we've been nominating each other for all sorts of stuff.

    It's been an honor and pleasure gunning with you.

    Oh man....I'm graduating. I think it just hit me!

    By Blogger Ben, at 4/18/2006 9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home