Unexpectedly Sober - The Legend Returns!
You can get lots of info on the band and lyrics to a lot of our songs on this page. Sadly, no mp3s that I know of (most of them would be low-quality recordings on a crappy cassette tape anyway). This site brings back so many memories it makes me want to cry for joy.
For those of my friends who only got to know me post-Vanderbilt, the songs on the site that I wrote are, in alphabetical order:
- "Better Than Prozac" - a song about friendship
- "My Perfect Plan" - a sarcastic song about my inability - at the time - to get a girlfriend
- "My Promise" - a defiant, and perhaps self-righteous, song about faith, hope, and love
- "Sixth (Chrissie and Brooke)" - my most personal song, tying my sorrow about the murder of my nieces in 1994 to 9/11
- "Smiles Got Power" - an intentionally meaningless and silly song, but defiantly upbeat
- "World" - a song I wrote about certain very selfish people who thought our worlds should revolve around them
Hopefully, I'll be able to get Mike to put up some of the songs I've written post-graduation like "Epiphany", "Sky On Fire" and maybe even my worship song "Joy In The Deluge."
Check out the songs by Mike, Jeff, and Dan too. Mike, especially, is a prolific and talented songwriter. (Nothing against Jeff and Dan, but Mike blows us all out of the water.) I wish there was some way I could play the songs for you non-Vandy folks. Well, I guess I have the ones that have been recorded.
Man, those were the glory days. I will long contend that I lived with rock stars at Vanderbilt. It's just that the rest of the world didn't realize it.