.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

What Would People Think?

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Give 'Em Hell, Harry!

"I never give 'em hell. I just tell the truth and they think it's hell."

It's very fitting to quote the famed exchange between Harry Truman and his supporter in light of the recent actions of Senator Harry Reid and the Senate Democrats. Republicans have been stonewalling the investigation into prewar intelligence for far too long, and I am thrilled that the Democrats have taken the gloves off and called them on their b---s---.

This is about 2,000 Americans and countless Iraqis in body bags. This is about the American people being misled into killing. This is about how our government made a terrible decision which will have consequences for decades to come. I hesitate to say "the American people deserve to know the truth" because it sounds like empty political posturing......but dammit, they do!

Thank you, Harry Reid.

1 Comments:

  • I like how Frist sounds a little like Porky Pig in his quote. Of course Reid's actions are likely to be dismissed as "a political stunt", but the larger point, as you said, is that we deserve to know the truth about our government's motivation for the country conducting preemptive war. Whatever it takes, I'm sick of those involved hiding from it. I would prefer they follow the advice of my father: when you make a mistake, acknowledge it and move on.

    By Blogger Mike, at 11/02/2005 6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home