.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

What Would People Think?

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Speakin' Out

Haven't had much time lately to write the long, drawn-out posts my "fans" have grown to love. So I'll have to provide a series of links to make it appear like I'm doing work. The theme of these links is speech.

1. Speaking very loudly (in hopes that Erin is reading my blog, since I know Kenny isn't): "HEY KENNY! YOU OWE ME $25 FOR OUR FINAL ELECTRICITY BILL!" Yes, it would be a lot easier for me to call Kenny. But why do things the easy way when blogs are so much more inefficient?

2. Speech in China. I'm proud to see Churches acting Christian again. The highest Catholic cardinal in China calls for human rights and an investigation into the Tiananmen Square killings of 1989. This is exactly what the Church should be doing: speaking truth to power. It may or may not be necessary or right for nations to compromise their values to "normalize" with China. Such compromise is definitely not the place of the Church.

3. Speech of Public Employees. I really intended to write a lengthy post about the Ceballos opinion, wherein the Supreme Court limited the 1st Amendment rights of public employees, but I simply haven't had the time. So, instead I'll provide you with links to the ever-incisive analysis at SCOTUSblog. 4 Posts: here, here, here, and here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home