.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

What Would People Think?

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Christy's Birthday

Today, the world celebrates 26 years of Christina Marie Resnick Stark's presence. (And 11 months of her living with that extra last name.) Or, if you're pro-life, 26 years and 9 months of her presence.

[Yes, I told that lame joke for Mike's birthday. But the beauty of lameness is it can be repeated because....hey, it's already lame. There's no danger of repitition ruining it.]

I promised last year that Christy and I would never spend her birthday apart again. Luckily I haven't been sent to Zimbabwe as Mike predicted. However, I'm currently in my office on lunch break and Christy's in hers.

This is a situation that will soon be remedied. I'm planning on surprising her in her office this afternoon. I've got some flowers in a pot which she can put on her desk to remember the moment. If her office-mates are game, I might try to get them to sing Happy Birthday. Then...well, then I don't really have a plan. Whatever Christy wants to do. Maybe pottery painting and Italian food. Maybe swimming. I guess we'll find out!

And I can type this confident that I'm not ruining it for her. Because she never reads my blog! (At least, not unless I point it out to her.)

So, wish me luck. And wish Christy a happy birthday because I will eventually point out this blog post to her.

P.S. I already bought her a cooking class. Yes, yes I know that sounds like a selfish gift since I clearly benefit from it....but trust me it's what she wanted.

5 Comments:

  • Hey, it's my birthday today too, Ben. Why aren't you surprising me at work? Lousy bum.

    (Happy b-day, Christy!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/12/2007 1:39 PM  

  • Yeah, and it was Danielle's birthday on the 6th. Why didn't you surprise her at... well, we were on our honeymoon in the South Pacific at the time, so never mind.

    Tell Christy happy birthday for me.

    :)

    By Blogger Jeff, at 7/12/2007 3:40 PM  

  • Jacob, you and Ben are over. He's found somebody new. I know it's difficult, but he's moved on, I think it's time you do the same.

    Also, Ben, what you forgot on my birthday was that I was in the womb for closer to 10 months. Which of course would still have made me about 26 and 4 months since for those first 6 of fetushood I wasn't viable.

    Wish Christy a happy 26.25th birthday for me.

    By Blogger Mike, at 7/12/2007 3:49 PM  

  • Tell Christy happy birthday for me!

    -Leah

    By Blogger Whimsicalife, at 7/13/2007 9:14 AM  

  • Happy belated birthday to Christy!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/13/2007 8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home