.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

What Would People Think?

Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday Post

Instead of saying anything profound on my own, I'm just going to link to an interesting analysis from Slate. It's about the reasons put forth by scholars as to why Jesus was crucified....and why the Crucifixion was kind of an embarassing stumbling block for early Christians. The same author, a divinity school professor in Scotland, wrote an interesting article last year about the difficulty early Christians had with the concept of the Resurrection.


Also, my friend Mike (formerly Christian, now....I dunno, something other than Christian) poses questions about the role of Judas that are worth considering. Last year, he posted a self-proclaimed "over-the-top rant" on why the heck Christians like me call it "Good" Friday.

1 Comments:

  • I posed the same question on Facebook this year, and my friend Ricky gave me a link with an interesting answer: here. As I said to him, the German translation still makes more sense to me.

    By Blogger Mike, at 4/13/2009 10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home