.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

What Would People Think?

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

News of Wildly Varying Importance

1. Meet Associate Justice Samuel Alito. Then run for your life.

2. Oscar nominations are in. I'm quite pleased to see Munich nominated for Best Picture, Terrence Howard nominated for Best Actor, and Keira Knightley for Best Actress. Sadly (for me) I haven't seen enough of the Oscar nominees to judge who should win (I really should see Brokeback Mountain)...but I'm happy that some of my favorites were nominated.

3. The most important news item in this blog entry: Coretta Scott King, may she rest in peace. With her passing, and that of Rosa Parks, America has lost two shining examples of love, peace, and justice. May their influence continue into the centuries.

1 Comments:

  • Yes, you really should see "Brokeback Mountain". And I really should see "Capote". And "Pride and Prejudice".

    By Blogger Mike, at 1/31/2006 12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home