.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

What Would People Think?

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Buh-Bye, Punk!

It's not very Christian of me to celebrate the death of another. But I'm only human; I lack God's all-consuming love for every human being. And right now I am pumping my fist about the death of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.


Zarqawi, the leader of Al Qaeda in Iraq, is responsible for thousands of deaths of innocent civilians, including peace activists, reporters, and bureaucrats that he personally beheaded. He is most likely the mastermind behind the mosque bombings that plunged Iraq into civil war. He was a remorseless and cunning killer who actively plotted the suffering of an entire nation to further his sectarian ends.

Last night, Zarqawi died in a bombing via American missiles. The consequences of his actions will doubtless continue, but his personal reign of terror is at an end.

So buh-bye, Mr. Zarqawi. Good riddance. Did it hurt as that bomb burnt you to a crisp? It's only going to get hotter. While you're down there, tell Hitler & Stalin I said "screw you."

2 Comments:

  • Death is too good for some people. I can see how someone who believes in Hell would be happy about the death of so despicable a human being, but personally, I wish he had suffered a lot more. Ritualistic body hair plucking springs to mind.

    Oh well. Sayonara, Zarqy.

    By Blogger Mike, at 6/08/2006 9:49 AM  

  • You misunderstand what Ben's saying, Barz. It's not as if he stopped and "decided" to feel joyous. He felt joyous and then stopped to analyze that feeling in the eyes of his religion. Ultimately, he decided God would forgive him that particular trespass.

    However, you raise a point about the "unapologetic" aspect. Of course, you know Ben, ergo you know that not to really be the case. If it comes off that way in the post, it's only because it was posted in the immediate aftermath. One central tenet of Christianity is praying for forgiveness for that which is in fact only human. If I honestly believed Ben completely "didn't care", I'd agree with you. But I don't. (Sorry if I'm putting words in your mouth, Ben, but I felt the need to come to your defense.)

    I still would have prefered he had been captured, but the bottom line is, the world is a better place without Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.

    By Blogger Mike, at 6/09/2006 9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home