An Even More Lightning Quick Assortment of Thoughts And Life Updates
1. Christy and I - along with 50 to 100 other Atlantans - spoke to the Atlanta City Council on Tuesday. It didn't help. They still didn't restore the funding to the homeless shelter.
2. You know you run in small American evangelical circles when you recognize an old college acquaintance in an ad in Christianity Today. (Sorry, you can't see the ad on the website.) I was riding the train to work flipping through the magazine when I thought "that picture on that ad 2 pages back looked like Meryl Cantley." So I flipped back and realized... "holy [word an evangelical probably shouldn't use] that IS Meryl!" I haven't spoken to her in years and missed her wedding - though I was invited - because it took place on the same day as Lori and Bradley Metrock's wedding. So it's just kinda surreal to see her face in a national magazine after all these years. Her name's Meryl Herr now. Any of you Vandy folks remember her?
3. Damn, it's been a while since I've posted. Sorry about that.
4. Lion King 1 1/2 - yes, it's a Disney direct-to-video. By all rights it should be terrible. It's actually pretty funny. Best watched soon after seeing The Lion King. Lion King is to Hamlet as Lion King 1 1/2 is to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead.
5. Well, there goes the republic. Thanks, Senate Democrats. You make me so thrilled that we elected you last year. Way to make a stand for checks and balances.
6. In music video news Eisley (new album coming soon!) has a creepy video with "Invasion" based on....well, if you don't get the movie that inspired it, there's just no helping your ignorance of pop culture. (If you check out their Myspace, Eisley's new stuff sounds VERY different from their old stuff.) White Stripes (new album kicks @$$!!!) have a booooring video with their otherwise excellent "You Don't Know What Love Is (You Just Do As You're Told)" I'm still holding out for them to release "Little Cream Soda" as a single. Because only the White Stripes can make spoken-word poetry ROCK! Finally Tegan & Sara (new album just out!) have an inexplicable video and even more inexplicable hairstyles in "Back In Your Head."
Finally -- If you don't click on any of the other random links in this blog post, click on this one and see why Tegan and Sara rock so much.