.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

What Would People Think?

Saturday, April 29, 2006

It's 3:00 in the Freakin' Morning!

It's 3:00 AM. 3 O'Clock in the freakin' morning!

"I'm FINISHED with my paper", I said. "All I have to do is a little Bluebooking," I said. (For those of you who don't know, the Bluebook is the MLA Handbook's drug-induced nightmare. "Bluebooking" is going back and making sure your citations are accurate and in the right form.)

"A little Bluebooking." Ha!

For crying out loud 3:00 in the MORNING!

Have I ever told you how much I despise the Bluebook? Because I do. I secretly think it was written by the minions of Hell. I'm not at all surprised that the minions of Hell come from Harvard.

WHO THE HELL REALLY CARES IF I ABBREVIATE CALIFORNIA AS "Calif." OR "Cal."? I certainly don't at THREE.............IN...............THE................MORNING!

The writers of the Bluebook should be tied up and bled to death with papercuts. The writers of the Bluebook should be forced to figure out how to cite an Internet source over and over again, like Sisyphus pushing that damn rock up the hill. The writers of the Bluebook could all spontaneously combust right now and there would be joy and laughter and celebration in law schools nationwide. I'd start a movement to declare it a national holiday.

And if George W. Bush didn't make it a holiday, I'd sue him. With a very poorly cited complaint. Because this is AMERICA dammit! We don't need no stinkin' grammar.

For the love of God and all that is holy......it's 3:00 AM and I'm still Bluebooking!

2 Comments:

  • Wow, Ben gets violent at 3 in the morning. Of course, if I were still "bluebooking" hours after finishing a paper, I'd probably get pretty violent too.

    By Blogger Mike, at 4/29/2006 9:15 AM  

  • That's because Ben is unable to rationialize not bluebooking to himself. I on the other hand, told myself "The citations are true, just not properly formatted in places," (vital because the point is not plagiarism, just sloppy formatting) "the prof's not a law professor anyway and probably doesn't care," and "aren't you graduating?"

    See how easy it is to be mediocre? No wonder you're violent, you're struggling against your own "work ethic" :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/29/2006 9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home