.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

What Would People Think?

Friday, November 17, 2006

Shut Up, Shut Up, Shut Up

Unlike Jacob, I'm not actually annoyed by what he calls "self-righteous liberals" gleefully celebrating the election results. Heck, I'm joining the glee! I'd say my response to the election was more like Zhubin's:

It's difficult to convey in writing the physical expressions of glee, but imagine me bouncing on the balls of my feet, twiddling my fingers and giggling like a schoolgirl. Now imagine me doing that for thirteen straight hours. Imagine me doing it while sleeping.


I couldn't agree more. Not because of fist-pumping "victory" or glee in an "enemy's" downfall. (See my last post for what that's bad.)

No, I'm thrilled because I believe this election will make things better for the American people. No more rubber stamps on violations of their civil liberties. At least a little more concern for the poor and less kowtowing to the powerful. (Is "kowtowing" a word?) Perhaps President Bush will finally have to listen to some new voices on Iraq.

That said, will this guy PLEASE shut up! Seriously, man....you are Jacob's "self-righteous liberal" personified. Except it's worse than self-righteous. It's just plain cruel.

You are making me feel dirty by association. Please just....stop.

5 Comments:

  • They never will shut up, Ben. That's the curse - and the beauty - of freedom of speech. I feel like I should say more, but I feel I lack anything constructive to add.

    By Blogger Mike, at 11/18/2006 10:42 AM  

  • Oh, he'll always be perfectly free to express his opinion. But I'll still tell him to shut up and stop making all liberals look bad.

    By Blogger Ben, at 11/18/2006 2:34 PM  

  • Just to clarify, it wasn't liberals' celebration that annoyed me. It was their automatic assumption that I, as a sort of Bohemian coffee shop kind of guy, must have been one of them.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/21/2006 10:42 PM  

  • That I can identify with. Kind of like people who assume that - because I'm an Evangelical Christian - I must be a Republican.

    By Blogger Ben, at 11/23/2006 12:24 PM  

  • Wait. You mean... you're not?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/24/2006 2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home