Facts Learned From Our Drive To Dallas
2. Chunky's town hall is open T-Th from 9-12. Otherwise, you can call the mayor on his personal number, posted on the town hall door.
3. The Cracker Barrel in Jackson, Mississippi has a cookbook of "Mississippi recipes." A worker in Cracker Barrel told us it's the "best of the best" of Southern cooking. We were intrigued when we saw the recipe for butterscotch cake. We considered buying it when we saw the various casserole recipes. We put up the book and walked out the door when we saw the recipe for - I kid you not - fried squirrel.
4. There is a town called Yazoo City, Mississippi. While that town has a funny name, I must point out that Yazoo City does not contain the Chunky Baptist Church.
5. Yazoo and the Fried Squirrels would be an excellent name for a rock band.
That is all. You may now return to your regularly scheduled web-surfing.
UPDATE (12:50 AM the following night, after the first 2 comments below):
I now add the following updates for your edification
1. Deer Corn Hunting License
2. Hot Penny Action (Christy's favorite!)
3. East Texas Oil Museum