.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

What Would People Think?

Monday, July 31, 2006

They Made This Thing Called A Music Video

So a byproduct of the fact that I hardly watch any TV (unless it's in the form of a TV series that's already out on DVD) is that I don't see that many music videos. Nonetheless, I thought I'd point out 3 music videos I discovered from 3 bands that I love or believe to have promise.

Eisley - "Memories": Like the band and the song, the video is pretty, dreamy, kinda weird, and hypnotic.

Be Your Own Pet - "Adventure": Okay, so the video's very twisted. But I loooooove the dive-in-face-first hard rock of this band. Not to mention that they are 4 teenagers from my old stomping grounds in Nashville. Among the first venues they played were Guido's and Bongo Java.

Cobra Starship - "Snakes On A Plane (Bring It)": If you haven't heard of the summer's most promising cheesy movie, Snakes On A Plane, you simply don't surf the Internet enough. Well Cobra Starship are clearly already fans. The video is fun and silly, just as I hope the movie will be. (Love the shoutout at the end to Snakes On A Blog. My friend David Barzelay knows the guy that's running that site.)

Note: As of this posting, Christy and I will be getting married in 12 days.

2 Comments:

  • It was, in fact, Wilson Phillips. Just in case you were curious.

    Thanks for coming down this weekend. It was great to get to hang out one last time before doomsday.

    By Blogger Mike, at 7/31/2006 3:57 PM  

  • Speaking of music videos, it's the 25th anniversary of MTV today. Perhaps that merits a Ben post. It merited a Mike post.

    By Blogger Mike, at 8/01/2006 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home