.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

What Would People Think?

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

This Is Apparently My New Method of Posting

I no longer seem to have the time for sustained thought in my blogging.

1. For the Christians or theologically curious among my blog readers, Kenny's been posting a fascinating series of posts on his blog re: the book of Genesis. I really need to read them more in depth and comment on them.

2. Dick Cheney in 1994: "Invading Baghdad would create a quagmire." What happened? [Hat tip: Mike.]

3. On this day 1 year ago, I was having my honeymoon. Yes, Christy and I just celebrated our first anniversary. And after a year, I have one thing to say: "Yes, marriage IS everything it's cracked up to be. It ROCKS!" Had dinner at The Melting Pot on our anniversary. Crazy good. Crazy expensive.

4. Anybody out there have clean air? We'd love to borrow some in Atlanta. This running to the car while holding my breath thing isn't going to work much longer.

That's all for now.

5 Comments:

  • Yet another reason why I don't want to live in Atlanta...

    Phoenix's is surprisingly clear for this time of year, incidentally. I guess it's the monsoon.

    By Blogger Jeff, at 8/16/2007 1:47 PM  

  • 1. That looks like an interesting set of analyses. I take it Kenny is doing what I once tried (and failed) to do, namely read the Bible cover to cover. Of course, I was doing it from a literary perspective, but still. Maybe I should try again.

    2. You're welcome. (Tragic, isn't it?)

    3. (Mike pauses to brush the salt from his wounds, then continues reading.)

    4. Our air is pretty thick with humidity but not overwhelmingly dirty. But I may just be saying that as someone who has long since forgotten what clean air tastes like.

    By Blogger Mike, at 8/16/2007 3:55 PM  

  • 1. I actually recently finished reading the Bible cover to cover. Finished maybe early this summer. When did I start, you ask? In the year 2002.

    4. I'm getting the air quality forecasts from Weather.com. Today...Tampa looks good (though it's had its bad days) and Phoenix is moderate. Screw you both. Incidentally, the high today in Phoenix is 110 freakin' degrees, so my envy only goes so far.

    Now, Jeff, what are your OTHER reasons for not wanting to live in Atlanta? (Aside from me and Christy and Dan constantly bugging you, of course.)

    By Blogger Ben, at 8/17/2007 10:14 AM  

  • Just the fact that the entire area is one big pulsating mass of complete and utter chaos. It's like someone looked at a book on "What Not To Do When Building A Metropolitan Area" - then did all those things. Ridiculous sprawl, insufficient infrastructure, comically limited mass transit, very little green space, no logical layout to the roads... shall I go on?

    By Blogger Jeff, at 8/17/2007 4:39 PM  

  • 1 - thanks for the shout out.

    2 - someday we'll know what happened inside the Bush Admin and it will be horrible and fascinating.

    3 - Congrats!

    4 - Lincoln NE has everything wholesome you could want - including h20

    By Blogger Kenny, at 8/20/2007 3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home