.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

What Would People Think?

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

The Latest on Christy's Health - and a Thanks

I've been getting a lot of questions about how Christy's doing.

Mostly, it's been the same. Pain's still there. Some days better. Some days worse. For the past week, she's been getting these weird heart palpitations, leading to light-headedness, chest pains, and headaches. She was put on a portable heart monitor that she carried around for 48 hours and at the end the doctors didn't find anything that looked life-threatening or otherwise scary. So, again, we're left wondering what the heck is going on. Gonna see a cardiologist soon. On the weird side, when the palpitations are happening, the pain seems to go away, and vice versa. Today has been pretty good. Some pain and some palpitations, but not nearly as much as in previous days.

What I really want to talk about though....what has really struck us, has been everybody's kindness. I've been getting comments on this blog from friends I haven't spoken to in over a year expressing concern. Other friends have been calling in to express sympathy and support. Jeff - in the midst of the giddiness of new fatherhood - still stopped and inquired about Christy's health when we talked last. Friends from our Bible study have made casseroles for us. Christy's boss bought her a heating pad. Christy's mom came over for about a week to take care of her while I was out of town doing training.

Everybody, from the bottom of our hearts - thank you. You have no idea how much this means to Christy and me. It has been such an inexpressible comfort to know we've been in your thoughts and prayers.

When faced with pain....especially when faced with the unknown....it means everything to know you aren't facing it alone. Your words and deeds have been a reminder that we aren't alone....that there are people out there who care for us. You've helped us carry on and encouraged us to love others as we have been loved.

I'm trying not to be cheesy here. I'm just trying to express that what you say and do has more impact than you think. So - to conclude as simply as I can and with all sincerity - THANK YOU!

2 Comments:

  • I just wanted to let you know I responded to your latest comment; I didn't put my entire philosophy up in that post, and I think there's probably a lot of agreement in what I didn't include.

    Also, I hope to hear soon that Christy is feeling better. We'll keep praying!

    By Blogger Matthew B. Novak, at 3/14/2008 10:21 AM  

  • Hey Ben,

    I just wanted to let you know that Erin and I have been thinking about you guys and praying for you.

    Weirdly, it occurs to me that I do not have your email address. Would you mind sending it along?

    Kenny

    By Blogger Kenny, at 3/14/2008 3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home