.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

What Would People Think?

Friday, September 26, 2008

My First Impression of the Current State of the Presidential Debates

Barack Obama: Let's debate.

John McCain: No! I'm not gonna debate until someone passes a bailout that I may or may not support anyway! Also, I'm holding my breath until somebody in Washington does something.

Conservative pundit: What willpower! What leadership! Look, he's turning blue with leadership!

American Public: Um....what?

[Note: This post is no longer current. Except for the "um....what?" Which is my reaction to much of politics.]

3 Comments:

  • It would be a brilliant political move by McCain if it weren't so blatantly obvious.

    By Blogger Mike, at 9/26/2008 10:56 AM  

  • You can bet that if it had been a town hall event McCain wouldn't have cancelled it.

    Of course, I wish Obama were willing to be a little more flexible (like having agreed to some of the town hall forums like McCain suggested). McCain and Obama are both politicking, and they both promised not to do that. Ugh.

    By Blogger Matthew B. Novak, at 9/26/2008 11:55 AM  

  • Yeah, I wish he would have done the town hall forums too. Meh, what can you do? It's like that Onion article: Politicians Sweep Midterm Elections.

    By Blogger Mike, at 9/26/2008 5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home