.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

What Would People Think?

Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Pompous But Earnest Announcement

On this day 7 years ago, a group of evil bastards murdered thousands of people.

Yes, we must always honor the memory of those who were slain. But you know what?....I refuse to let evil bastards define this day.

On this day 1 year ago, our beautiful, playful cat Marley was born. She's been a playful, energetic, endlessly curious, somewhat bratty spark of life ever since. Yes, she's just a cat, but she reminds me of life's many small joys.

Therefore, I hereby reclaim this day for life. I will honor the dead and, with God's help, I will fight the evil that I encounter (which usually comes in forms much more mundane than terrorists). But for me, September 11 is a day of death no longer.

I encourage each of you to find a way to reclaim this day for life. Let me know how!

Pompous But Earnest announcement is over.

[Terrorists, screw you.]

[Marley, you're a good kitty. Tonight we'll give you some Grown-Up Cat food and a new toy.] [Also, Marley you're an impressive cat. I had no idea you knew how to read a blog!]

4 Comments:

  • After nearly a month, Ben's blog comes back to life! This truly is a day of reclaimation for life.

    By Blogger Matthew B. Novak, at 9/11/2008 12:12 PM  

  • How can you reclaim evil with cats? Cats are the very embodiment of evil!

    Just teasing. I'm actually in a house now with two cats that I really like. Nice post.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/11/2008 2:06 PM  

  • Ah-choo! Ah-choo! *sniffle*

    Damn cats.

    Okay, I concede, Marley is pretty cute and has never caused me to react violently to her fur. Still, dogs are better.

    And Jacob, the Dallas Cowboys, not cats, are the very embodiment of evil.

    By Blogger Mike, at 9/11/2008 3:48 PM  

  • Since Marley can read - Happy Belated Birthday Marley!! Hope you had a great one. Sophi's Birthday is today and she is 3. She got a new shirt that says "The Princess has Arrived". She also got some bacon strips. It has been a happy day.

    By Blogger Ronda, at 9/13/2008 10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home