.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

What Would People Think?

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I Voted

So, after 2 hours of waiting in line, I voted today. I have the sticker to prove it. If this is what early voting takes, I shudder to think of what Election Day will be like.

When I have more time (and I'm not typing on a government computer) I may get into who I voted for and why. Nothing as extensive as Matt Novak's post, I can promise you that.

Also, standing in front of me in line was a candidate for the United States Senate. Apparently politicians vote, too.

3 Comments:

  • I feel kind of weird about early voting... aren't those ballots technically absentee ballots? If so, aren't the only counted if the candidates are within a certain percentage based on election-day tallies?

    By Blogger Matthew B. Novak, at 10/28/2008 8:57 PM  

  • Can't speak for Minnesota, but here in Georgia there were signs saying "These ballots are counted on election day."

    I bet your state's Secretary of State website has a FAQ on this issue.

    By Blogger Ben, at 10/28/2008 10:36 PM  

  • Ben - same in NC. And I only stood in line for 20 minutes. Things must be nuts down there, though I heard your SecState was making things unnecessarily difficult.

    By Blogger Jeff, at 10/30/2008 4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home