.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

What Would People Think?

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

There's A Thoughtful Pro-Lifer Out There....

...and his name - middle initial and all - is Matthew B. Novak.

I first "met" the guy through a debate on Zhubin's blog. (Incidentally, check out the comments on Zhubin's latest post. Not only is there humorous comparison of a law school class to Dungeons and Dragons, but we've managed to hijack to comments page and make it a discussion about the Research Triangle.) There was a discussion about the place of religion in politics and Matt and I were basically coming to the same conclusion - one which differed from most of Zhubin's friends. Before I knew it, we were cross-posting on each other's blogs.

I've never actually met the guy in person. Who knows if I ever will? Isn't technology grand? But, based on our mutual interests in film, politics, poverty, and Christianity I declare Matt to be a cool guy.

I know, I know. Most stories that begin with "I met this cool guy on the Internet" end badly. But if Zhubin likes him despite his pro-life proclivities AND his love of baseball, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Anyways, that's my long way of saying go look at this thoughtful blog post by Matt on addressing the problems that lead to abortion. I've got nothing to add to it. He says everything I wanted to say, only he's clearly thought about it more than I have.

And, no, I'm not just linking to his blog because he linked to mine.

(Oh, and don't forget to satisfy my ego by clicking on the link in the post below to read my second inane quote in local media within a matter of weeks. A 3rd is on the way when Duke Law Magazine comes out.)

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home