.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

What Would People Think?

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Eisley-related Emotions

Happy: Eisley is coming to the Triangle tonight! At long last, I'll get to see them in a full show.

Sad: I can get nobody to come with me! Lauren's doing her own concert, so Chris is naturally joining her. Kenny and Erin are having a date night. (I can't begrudge an engaged couple a Saturday night date. I wish I had more such opportunities.) Jeff's out of town. Jamie is otherwise engaged. Sigh......
Oh well, if Mike can enjoy a Metallica concert on his own, I can enjoy an Eisley concert.

Frustrated: Partly because I keep looking up information on Eisley on the Internet, I have accomplished nothing in my law school work. Without breaking confidentiality, I can say that I have clients depending on me. Not good. Get to it, Ben!

Concerned: According to the Eisley tour manager (their father....a family band.....isn't that cool?), they were making the mountain-filled drive from Nashville to the Triangle last night while worn out after a show. I've made that drive many times before. It's beautiful in daylight. Scary at night. Hope they make it ok. Or...well, made it. At this point they are either in the Triangle or....not.

Prayer. Renewed determination. Time to work. As soon as I look at these random pictures of a cute bird on top of my friend Chris's head. Oh......this concentrating thing is not working.

Ok, I just got a call from Ian. He's the guy who doesn't need food or air because he eats and breaths politics. But right now he's saving the day because he's inviting me to work on a project we're doing together over at his place. I never thought I'd say this, but Ian's saving the day.

Off to work!

1 Comments:

  • If you had ever called me back after your orgy, er, sorry, "social event" Friday, I could have hopped in a car yesterday morning and driven up to go with you. Especially since I missed them Tuesday (because I completely forgot about it - it's really sad when you're so busy at work you forget the important things like music).

    In fairness, I didn't see Metallica by myself, I saw them with Yaz. However, I saw Guster and Rogue Wave by myself, and that was one of the best shows I've ever seen, spoiled only by the fact I had no one to share it with.

    Regardless, I'm sure it will be a kick-ass show. (Or rather, that it was, given that I'm posting this after the fact.)

    By Blogger Mike, at 3/26/2006 11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home