.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

What Would People Think?

Friday, April 07, 2006

This Is Going To Be So COOL!

I have just decided I must see the new movie called Brick. Why? Because it's film noir set in a high school! Because Joseph Gordon-Levitt is channeling Humphrey Bogart!

I loooooooooooove film noir. Such a source of great lines! Such style! Such characters! Such cinematography! Such twisting plots! Such memorable, colorful characters! Such dark cynicism (which normally I don't like....but these movies are so stylish about it!). At some point I must post about how much film noir kicks ass. Until then, check out all the movies I just linked to. Actually, you should also check out these modern films which have a touch of noir influence (although I'm guessing most of my readers have seen those).

Man oh man....I cannot wait to see this movie.
------------------------------------------------
On an unrelated note: Last night, I was at a home where this movie was filmed. You've probably never heard of it, but I sat down at the same fireplace where Christopher Walken sat (in a home of one of my professors) and that, my friends, is pretty damn cool.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
You may wonder why I linked to a bunch of films in this blog post without just naming them, thus forcing you to go to all the trouble of clicking on a link. Why would I do that? Well, as a great man once said, "I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul."

2 Comments:

  • Joseph Gordon-Levitt channels Bogart, you channel Calvin. Brilliant!

    If I didn't point out that you somehow missed "The Maltese Falcon" and "Chinatown". So, you somehow missed "The Maltese Falcon" and "Chinatown". Allow me to correct that.

    I too want to see that movie. Sadly, it won't be playing anywhere near here. Reminds me of certain other movies I really want/wanted to see. I guess that's the problem when you live in the culture capital of Unculturedland (a.k.a. Texas, though it's beginning to look like Florida isn't far behind). Anyway, I'll stop rambling now.

    By Blogger Mike, at 4/07/2006 8:52 PM  

  • I meant to say, "I would be remiss if". Just in case that sentence doesn't make any sense.

    No really, I'll shut up now.

    By Blogger Mike, at 4/07/2006 8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home