.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

What Would People Think?

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Stay Away From Vice-Presidents With Guns

Dick Cheney shot a guy! No, seriously. I don't know much about shotgun pellets, but it seems from the story that the victim is doing ok.

A hunting accident? Or a coded warning to Senators who suggested he should be investigated?

Ok, it's a hunting accident. I don't attribute THAT much evil to the Administration. (But you bet if you or I had done something like that, we'd get our butts sued off for negligence.)

[Update 6:10 PM] Liberal blogs are having far too much fun with this story. The best comment I've seen thus far is somebody changing the Aerosmith song into "Cheney's Got A Gun."

2 Comments:

  • I don't know how I, master of parody (by which I mean guy with over-inflated ego who has written like 3 decent parodies his whole life) missed the "Cheney's Got a Gun" opportunity. (Is there a link to that, by the way?)

    Honestly, my first thought (after laughing like a hyena) was, "I'll bet the guy was a Democrat." But that was mostly in jest.

    And, though I know little about bird shot myself, it's the same thing Vince Vaughn got shot with in "Wedding Crashers", if you were unfortunate enough to sit through that movie. A two-hour comedy with about 30 minutes of actual humor and an hour and a half of sap. Whee.

    By Blogger Mike, at 2/13/2006 10:20 AM  

  • Can't tell if you're joking. For the record, David, I read your title AFTER I made that blog post. The phrase spread pretty quickly over the Internet.

    Example A: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/roy-sekoff/cheneys-got-a-gun_b_15542.html

    Example B: http://www.amiright.com/parody/80s/aerosmith35.shtml

    Example C:
    http://dickhunt.ytmnd.com/

    Btw, how do I make a link in comments?

    By Blogger Ben, at 2/15/2006 4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home